Monday, June 16, 2008

The latest from Caleb & Brynli

Caleb is so sweet. When I get him a drink or something he asks for he replies with "Oh thank-you Mommy!" We are very excited that Caleb is officially potty-trained!! Yeah!! I knew it would be great, but this is really great. We had an interesting experience yesterday when he woke up from taking a nap. He called me into his room and told me he went potty on his pillow. We potty trained him for day and night at the same time - no pull-ups for us. Every once in a while he had an accident at night when we first started - he's been potty training for about four weeks now. Anyway, he told me he went potty on his pillow. A little confused I pulled off his blanket and looked at his pants, but they weren't wet. Then, I realized he had a big wet spot on his pillow from sweat. He was pretty concerned he had gone potty on his pillow, poor kid. I guess he was a little hot while he slept!

Brynli is growing up fast. She is so sweet. She has started to say a few words like daddy, mama, doggy, uh-oh, ta-da, hi and maybe a few others. One that makes me laugh is she sings "ashes ashes" from Ring around the rosie. I think Mark and I were both a little surprised that that was one of her first words. If she enjoys singing I'm pretty sure she'll have a great soprano voice. Last time we checked her squeals were only 7 notes from the highest note on the piano!

I got this great video of Caleb's mad skills dribbling a basketball a couple days ago!

5 comments:

K. Lou said...

It's so great to be part of your kids' experiences through blogging. Love it! They are so cute. Can't wait to see you next week. Let me know if you need better directiions to Hollie's house.

Julianne said...

Geez, your kids are so tan. I think my kids will always be doomed to my oh-so-white skin. Brynli is so cute. Well, OK, so is Caleb. Congrats on potty-training success! I'm already dreaming of the day...

Lindsay Kay said...

Wow, those are some mad skills. He is so cute. And Brynli is gorgeous. Really your kids are soooo beautiful. I really miss you and really need to see you next time we come down.

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Wow Caleb is awesome at dribbling! Your kids are adorable! We are looking forward to seeing you!
Amy

heidi said...

Wow, he has some great talent there! That big grin at the end really captures it. How could he not be athletic with the parents he has, though.