Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mercedes; 7/20/10

Mercedes : mother of mercies Belle: Beauty. Mercedes you are my beautiful angel. You are a reminder to me of God's beautiful tender mercies in my life. You bring so much joy and love to our family!
You were blessed May 2nd by your Father. It was a beautiful blessing and I felt the Spirit wash over me as you were being blessed. I was filled with so much joy! I'm so thankful to be your mother.


7/20/10
We tried millet this morning for breakfast. I haven't done that for a long time. The kids loved it. Even Mercedes got to try some, which she quite enjoyed. She is already so interested in eating and gets excited every time I eat. I've been working on getting our house more in order. I'm trying to deep clean and de-clutter this week. Mercedes has been funny about sleeping the past few days. She is usually fine to just lay down with her binky and just go to sleep, but when I put her in her crib lately she starts crying. So, I got her back out and was holding her and then put her in her stroller for a minute and she just immediately fell asleep. It was kind of funny.
We took a break from cleaning and went swimming for a while. We had a blast. Caleb loves jumping in now with floaties on. It's so fun to watch him get more and more used to the water because he's always been kind of afraid of it. It's fun to see him jump in now. Hopefully by the end of the Summer they will be swimming on their own and havin tons of fun. :)
We got to talk to Mark for a minute on skype. Sounds like he's having a good time in Japan. It's so exciting he is back in Japan! Lucky. The kids really miss their daddy though. Then, tonight we went to see the parade preview of all the floats. It is amazing to really see them up close. They are pretty incredible. And the kids had their faces painted. :)


This dog acted just like a real dog. It was awesome. Caleb & Brynli wanted to pet it. It moves and acts real. They were actually a little afraid of it even though I kept telling them it wasn't a real dog.



4 comments:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

You kids are so darling! How long is Mark in Japan?

Christie said...

He gets back Friday. glad it's not longer. Today wasn't very fun. That was fun to swim with you guys when you were here.

Angie said...

Mercedes is so cute! I loved your post about teaching your kids about repentance. You are such a good mom. And I've also read "What the Scriptures teach about raising a child." SO GOOD!! I'll have to check out the others you mentioned.

Sarah McK said...

What a beauty she is! Miss you guys!