Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Please take action on this!!!

On Monday I had a prompting to turn on our TV. I never really watch TV because I do not like, actually I hate the filth on TV, and I just don't like the feeling I have when the TV is on a lot. I turned the channel to Oprah. She was doing a show about sexual predators and some of the things going on. I wasn't sure whether to watch that because if I watch or hear things like that it breaks my heart and I feel an intense pain. Sometimes I may start to feel depressed and so much sorrow for the pain these little children are experiencing that it's unbearable. But, the Spirit let me know I needed to watch it. It's awful what's happening.
Right now they are trying to get a bill passed that will provide the much needed funding to track down these predators. It's called The Protect Our Children Act - Bill 1738. I'm asking everyone to contact your senators and ask them to vote yes for this. You can e-mail, send a letter, call, etc. On Oprah's website they gave a letter you could copy and paste. You can also add to it if you want. The link is http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators
It explains everything there of how to find your Senator's info, etc. Please take action on this immediately. The bill is being brought up soon.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Christie! Your blog is so cute! Your kids are darling! Way to follow that prompting and turn on the tv. It's such an important issue. I will definately do it!

Marissa said...

I did it-thanks for the heads up!