Friday, November 7, 2008

Fall Activities

We had a fun month visiting family and playing with friends.
Here's some pictures of Caleb and Brynli in their costumes.Thank-you Grandma Weaver who let Caleb borrow one of the costumes she has made! The veterinarian costume fit Caleb this year. I think he looks pretty cute.

Brynli Loo Hoo as Cindy Loo Hoo
She is a cute hoo!

We went to Gardner Village with our good friends Marissa and Sydney. Around Halloween they have a bunch of decorative witches all over Gardner Village. Some of them are really funny. They also have a petting zoo and a pony ride for the kids. With the nice fall weather we were having, it was a great day to be out and enjoying it all.

Brynli is fascinated with animals. She loves them. These ducks weren't afraid to come right up to you, to the point I had to make sure they didn't get too close to her and bite her. But she loved every minute of it.
They are so beautiful!
Caleb checking out the chickens
We had a little incident in the petting zoo as well. We were right in there with all of the animals - goats, sheep, etc. The goats must have smelled the apples Brynli had been eating earlier because they practically attacked her. These were pretty big goats pretty aggressively climbing up onto my little girl - I wasn't too happy about that. It scared her, but once we got past that she enjoyed the rest of the animals.
I love the look of fascination Caleb and Brynli have on their faces.
Instead of carving pumpkins this year I decided to try painting them. Caleb painted the bats with my assistance and I did the scarecrow. It was really fun. Caleb loved it. He kept saying this is so exciting, this is so cool! They are so peutiful!
We went on a big scavenger hunt with a bunch of neighbor friends. It was sooo much fun. They gave us clues that we had to figure out which told us the place to go to and then we had to search all around to find the clue. We were in groups of four and there were about 6 groups. They split up couples, so Mark and I were in different groups. The clues were all over the city. Some of the places were a high school, a skate park, a golf course, an elementary school, a park, etc. It was so funny! We had such a great time.

Marc is home!!! I love the look of anticipation on everyone's face as they wait for him to come down the escalator.
Yay!!



We went up to Logan for Marc's homecoming on Saturday. I didn't really take any pictures (batteries), but we had a great time with family. There was lots of volleyball and settlers with Mel late at night when everything is very funny! Or maybe it's just Melanie and Mark that are really funny!
Marc gave an amazing talk. I was very touched by the Spirit and his sincerity. I could tell he really came to understand how to apply gospel principles in his life and helped others do the same.
Michelle took us over to the pumpkin walk Saturday night. They have tons of different scenes. It is so fun to see the creativity and talent.
Noah's ark

Michael Phelps!

3 comments:

Talia Draper said...

Hi Christie! I'm not sure if you remember me. My name is Talia Staley Draper and we went to high school together. I love to find new blogs and I just so happend to run across yours tonight. Anyway, I noticed your note about needing a photographer and it just so happens that I am a photographer! I would love to help you in any way that I can. Feel free to check out my photography business blog at www.taliadraperphotography.blogspot.com. No pressure at all, I just saw your note and thought "what the heck". My contact info is on that site too if you wanted to book something. You have such a cute family! Take care!

K. Lou said...

how fun. It reminds me of the Thanksgiving trip to Mike and Tami's when we went to Gardner Village. Isn't Autumn the best! Miss you guys!

melbel said...

christie, i love staying up late with you guys! that seems to happen more often than not, but it's really fun! and funny; fun and funny. especially when it gets late and our senses of humor get a little crazy....haha, love you guys!