My brother and his family's vacation overlapped with ours so we got to stay a couple nights with them at the beach house they rented. It was SO fun!
I got to go running on the beach with my nephew in the morning - always wanted to do that (I actually did that on the Coronado beach too, which was amazing. There were so many people out running, it was pretty fun.) Then Mark and my nephew came back to the beach to try surfing. . . and my nephew got stung on his foot by a sting ray. . . seriously. He was in a lot of pain for a while. But we learned that you put it in as hot of water as you can stand - that seemed to help a lot. So, while he was soaking his foot for a couple hours, Mark and I played games with him. I think we played Puerto Rico - one of the best games.
Then we all headed over to the beach and boogie boarded and Mark and my nephew tried surfing again. I eventually tried it a couple times, but I was too tired so I only tried for a minute. Plus my arms were so tired from a body sculpting class I did at the Coronado gym - I found out they work you hard there. So me and Emily and everyone had fun hanging out on the beach and boogie boarding. I love boogie boarding and I haven't been for a really long time. And someday when I'm not pregnant I want to learn to surf.
Caleb and the other boys loved using the boogie boards as their "surf" boards. They stood on the boards on the shore line and when the waves would come in it moved them a little. . . or sometimes a lot. Caleb wiped out once pretty good. They had a blast. Brynli loved playing in the water and in the sand.
Caleb really likes binoculars. I think it's because they use them in primary. He was pretty excited when he found some in the beach toys.