Thursday, September 10, 2009
Any advice?
I will hopefully eventually get to all of my July posts. ha ha There is a lot going on around here. One of the biggest is we are moving in about a week!! Anyone who was wondering about the house we put an offer on. . . a really long time ago. . . we got it! So, I'm wondering if anyone has any great advice on where to buy things like a fridge and furniture. Any experience or insights would be helpful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We got all our appliances through Boyle Appliance in Ogden. They are a family friend and deal GREAT with you. The guy Steve that runs the store was one of the missionaries when Cris's family found the church. As for furniture, watch for sales. You can get decent furniture for a good price. We got a set of sofa and love for $500 I think. It is Microfiber and wonderful when an 18 month old takes pen to it!
As for furniture - try IKEA. At first glance, their stuff is pretty cheap, in quality as well as price, but they do have some things that are made of real wood instead of particle board, and if you use some wood-glue and a brad nailer to supplement their little pegs they're actually quite sturdy.
btw, congrats about the message on Brynli's shirt!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I have no idea where to find good furniture deals. Maybe someday I'll join the ranks of homeowners and subsequent furniture buyers...
IKEA!! I know at Lowes you can usually ask for 10 % off appliances etc. and most of the time they will give it to you.. (according to Jacob they make so much even off of 10 % off, so they will usually give it to you.) That is so awesome that you got into that house!! Way to be patient.
I recommend Craigslist or I know my sister goes on some website - I think it is KSL.com or something. They got an awesome sofa/loveseat/chair set. Good luck and congrats on the house!
Oh- we have bought two fridges so far from Sears and been happy with them.
Thanks for the advice! So far we were able to find a fridge at Lowe's and a couch on KSL.
Post a Comment