They started the athletes every 15 seconds in the water. We swam in a zig zag. We swam down a lane, switched lanes, swam up a lane, switched sides of the lane, swam down, etc. I finished my swim feeling great. I ran over to get my bike and there was Mark cheering me on. I wasn't sure what time he was going to get there. I was really excited to see him there. I dried off a little and jumped on my bike and took off. Both the bike and the run were so beautiful. I loved it. The run was along the golf course trail with part of it by a river. It was so nice! My legs were a little stiff after biking. It took me a few minutes to get them used to running, but after the initial start I felt great and was able to run hard. As I was running I could hear other athletes cheering me and others on. I finished strong and heard Mark cheering for me. It was a good first experience and I'm hoping I can do even better the next time I do this.

Here's me at the start of my swim.

I'm about to pass someone. :)

I felt great during my swim! I'm climbing out getting ready to go bike.

The start of my bike and the start of my run.

1 comment:
Awesome pictures! What an amazing accomplishment!
Post a Comment