Yay!!!! I did my first triathlon!! My friend Rachel did it with me. These are a few pre-race pictures. We did the triathlon in Logan on July 12th. We swam 500 meters, biked 12 1/2 miles, and ran a 5K (3.1 miles). I finished in 1 hour 21 minutes. I felt great the whole time. I felt so good about the whole experience. It was so exhilarating! Preparing and training was great for me. I had wanted to do one for a while and knew this summer was a good time to do it. I wasn't sure where to start or how to prepare for a triathlon. I hadn't swam or biked competitively. There were just unknowns. It felt so rewarding that I stayed focused and committed and that I was able to keep my mind focused on positives. I am so thankful Mark supported me in doing this. I love being able to do things like this! It's an amazing feeling to be surrounded by other athletes and to feel the energy there. This is a picture of the Logan Aquatic Center pool. The lanes are 50 meters. Preparing to race!
I am a wife to an amazing husband and the mother of 3 adorable children. Being a mother is my greatest joy and challenge. I love my family so much and feel so blessed that I get to be married to Mark and the mom of these incredible children.
Another love in my life is childbirth. I am a certified doula. I recognize childbirth as a key experience for mothers, babies, and families and I seek to improve that experience for all involved. For more information about what a doula is and the benefits of a doula you can click here and here.
1 comment:
Way to go Christie!
Post a Comment