Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We did it!

We accomplished what we set out to do! It was such a phenomenal feeling. I stayed at Rachel's house the night before and drove over with them in the morning. She told me she was dreaming about the race all night. She couldn't remember how the triathlon went in her dreams, but she kept feeling the great feeling after of we did it! I think one of the very best parts for me was when I crossed the finish line and ran over to Mark and he had started to get teary eyed. What a great husband! I was on fire all day. I felt so good. I had the feeling that I could reach my dreams and overcome self-limitations in multiple areas of my life. What a great day - I intend to create more like it.

8 comments:

Julianne said...

OK...I did NOT know you were going to do a triathlon! Hello! That is so awesome. I am terrified of swimming more than about 10 yards at a time, so I will never do one...but that is so great that you did it. Congrats. I bet that was such a great feeling to accomplish it all. Were you very sore the next day?

Marissa said...

I am so proud of you, too! I think that is so amazing you accomplished a triathalon-hoorah!

Lindsay Kay said...

Oh my oh my oh my. I know you told me about it. But it is so awesome. I am so happy for you. That you were able to do it. You are awesome. Thanks for always setting awesome goals for your life and inspiring everyone along the way.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Christie - Congrats again! That sounds so exhilarating! I bet it was such an amazing experience. I've loved looking at the cute pictures on your blog. Talk to you soon -

melbel said...

whoo hoo! go christie! that is so exciting! holy crap, biking for 12 and a half miles would KILL me! so proud of you! that's amazing. i kinda know what you mean about the feeling of accomplishment when you finish something amazing, for me it was just a measly 5k, but hey, i did it! and you did it! woot woot!

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Christie,
I just had time to check some blogs and whoa! I didn't even know you did that! Congratulations! What a great experience!
Amy

Christie said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's fun to share my joy. Julianne - Before I did it I was wondering if I would be sore, but I wasn't sore at all. It was great!

K. Lou said...

Good job sista! It was fun to play with y'all in Boise. Glad you could stay with us--and thanks for the foot rub!